Who said we have to follow instructions to be happy in life?
The truth is that we all live very differently and that's fine. Everyone has happy and sad moments, we get big surprises throughout our existence, we know the bad and the good, we fall in love, we get heartbroken, and return to the same wheel over and over again. I think we must remember that everything we do should be seeking our own happiness, of course without harming others, not being selfish but always I have thought that if we do not seek our own well-being nobody will do for us. As humans we need to be independent and not depend on someone else's happiness.
I think we should have a few things in mind to achieve to be happy, for example:
1. Stop comparing yourself to others, we are humans which means we are unique! Imagine how boring the world would be if everyone were/looked alike.
2. Don't mind what others say about you, what others think is their problem, you know who you are, ignore stupid rumours.
3. Do not give explanations, you are the boss of your life, you are the one in charge of yourself.
4. Abandon the idea of "A PERFECT LIFE", life is not perfect, it has its ups and downs.
5. Eliminate the excuses, these are only thoughts that make you feel better for not doing something you needed or wanted to do.
6. Let negativity go, stop thinking that world is against you.
7. Do not judge others, don't judge unless you want to be judged. No one has a perfect life to judge others.
8. Do not be envious, there's no need to you to have everything you want, but need to appreciate what you have.
9. Open your mind, listen to others, you are not always right, learn to accept when you're wrong, it's not easy but it makes you feel grow.
10. Your happiness not depend on others, be the owner of your happiness, will help you become self-sufficient, remember that at the end of the day the only person you can count to one hundred percent is you.
11. Accept yourself, think about what a great person you are, and you will radiate safety and positiveness.
12. Do not live in the past, life is the present, enjoy it.
13. Do not try to always have the control, relax and let things happen at their own pace.
14. Travel, stop wasting your time watching tv, go and discover the big beautiful world. You will discover how brave you are.
15.Keep clear expectations, if they are clear and realistic you never will be disappointed.
Remember that you have only one life and you have to make every minute of it.